What is Zen?

Zen is a total state of focus that incorporates a total togetherness of body and mind. Zen is a way of being. It also is a state of mind. Zen involves dropping illusion and seeing things without distortion created by your own thoughts.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

There is a Mouse in the House! (Day 16)

January 16, 2014


     Since Old Man Winter has pointed his icy hand at us, I have had a steady stream of unwanted guests taking up residents in my pantry, drawers, closets, bedrooms, and just about pretty much any where they can get to, which is pretty much into everything and every where.  They leave unsightly messy trails, chew up what ever they desire, and make an awful stench.  This is me with one of the culprits and my not so happy face.  

     How often in our lives do we have intruders we don't invite into our lives?  Of course if you have been reading my blog since I began my 365 days to a new me, then you are aware that one of my goals has been to let God into my life more than in my present past.  It's so easy to let those little intruders come right into your lives isn't it?  Just ignore it and go on.  This is what I have found myself doing with my life as of late.  I go through the motions of life, busy, busy, busy.  Too much house work, too much school work, just too much, too much.  Filling my life with busy stuff and never getting around to time with God.

     Well I will say it hasn't gone unnoticed.  Things just haven't been going as well as they used to.  A coincidence, NO.  I have made excuses, over slept, worked instead, and even made other plans to skip being with God. And this last year has definitely proven to me what a Christian's life without God can be.  God is so good.  Just in the few weeks I have come back to reality and my faith I have seen many changes.  I have a greater outlook.  I no longer dread going to work.  I feel freer. And good things happen.  It is so much easier to go through trials with God than it is to go it alone.

     So I leave you this evening to think...what do I believe?  How can I get closer to God?  And what are the benefits?  Search for those answers and don't give up until you know them, my friend.

I Peter 5:8 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What kinds of magazines are found in your home?