What is Zen?

Zen is a total state of focus that incorporates a total togetherness of body and mind. Zen is a way of being. It also is a state of mind. Zen involves dropping illusion and seeing things without distortion created by your own thoughts.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cupid's Chase 5K


                                     
One of the biggest disappointments in life is to have an obstacle big enough to discourage you into abandoning your goal.  It happens to us all.  We tell ourselves and our friends not to give up or give in, but sometimes that obstacle is just to great.  We must just try, try again!  This happened to me last year when I started a challenge of training for a 5K.  This was a goal that I planned on tricking myself into getting healthier, while looking forward to something fun.  I had planned on running a 5K for the first time in Nashville with a few friends from school.  As the scheduled 5K approached closer and closer I anticipated the event more and more.  Finally the window opened to register online for the race.  Within minutes the tickets were sold out and I was left without a race!  This year I have decided to try this again.  Only this time, hopefully I have not chosen such a popular race!  I started toying with the idea of running in Cupid's Chase while I was doing my first 5K training session!  I know I won't be ready as far as my training is concerned, however I think the important thing is not to worry about winning the race, but having something to look forward to.  If this small feat keeps me motivated to move forward with my health plan, I feel it is a small price to pay!  It is also funding a wonderful charitable cause!  The funds earned through this event will help support the employment and housing of those less fortunate than myself, who have a disability. Upon mentioning to my coworkers that I was planning on possibly running in this race I found that two of them were also planning on running as well!  Now I also have moral support!    They also mentioned that they plan to have a costume type attire to up the fun level and encouraged me to do the same.  What a fun way to work towards a healthy lifestyle!

2 comments:

  1. I know you don't blog a lot, but I love each and every post. You inspire me to GO! I am passing on my Liebster Award to you.
    http://alifeworthlivingforhim.blogspot.com/2013/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Natasha! I didn't see this until today :( December 25, 13! I am not sure how that link works, however I am still very flattered! Tell me more about it!

    ReplyDelete

What kinds of magazines are found in your home?