What is Zen?

Zen is a total state of focus that incorporates a total togetherness of body and mind. Zen is a way of being. It also is a state of mind. Zen involves dropping illusion and seeing things without distortion created by your own thoughts.

Monday, February 3, 2014

Recipe for a Marriage (Day 34)

February 3, 2014


     Oh it was another rough day...at home.  Alarm goes off, snow hits ground, school's called off, husbands off to work, I drink my coffee and contemplate how to spend my day.  As the day unfolds I make the decision to bake cookies.  Sugar cookies.  Iced, sprinkled, buttery, sweet, warm out of the oven, sugar cookies.  Great snowy day project.  Who doesn't love sugar cookies in February?  Or any day for that matter?  

     Marriage isn't just like baking cookies, but it definitely has a recipe.  A tried and true recipe that many don't master.  Most don't try to master.  Once they burn the batch they throw it out and just start over.  I don't want to start over.  I love the cookies I chose.  I want to relish, taste, and lovingly bake my cookies for the rest of my life.

     A new month, a new goal to set.  My next goal is to focus on my relationship with my husband.  We are soul-mates, best friends, lovers, partners, family builders.  We do everything together.  We play together, enjoy the same hobbies together, take road trips, watch t.v., do household chores, cook, everything together.  We have pet names for each other.  The kind that make others sick when they hear them pet names.  We enjoy each other, dream together, and eat together.  So what's to fix, you say?  A husband/wife relationship doesn't just happen.  It has to be worked on.  We have to want it.  We can't give up, that's the easy way out.  Who wants to give up.  My marriage is not perfect.  No one's is.  It is worth fighting for.  I want it.  Everything has room for improvement.

     I recently stumbled upon this wonderful website by Jennifer Flanders at http://lovinglifeathome.com/ for wives just like me.  I got the free printable above from her and a lot of great advise.  God driven advice.  I especially liked the post 25 Ways to Communicate Respect to Your Husband.  As well as Turn Your Thinking Around.  I am going to begin my goal by working on the 25 Ways.  I don't think it was any small coincidence that I happened upon Jennifer's blog.  There are many blogs out these days and they are not always God focused as hers is.  Thank you God for directing me to this website.  Let me begin this day and the days beyond to making my marriage the happiest and healthiest it can be. 

I Corinthians 13:4-7 Love is patient and kind.  Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude.  It does not demand its own way.  It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged.  It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices when ever the truth wins out.  Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
     



No comments:

Post a Comment

What kinds of magazines are found in your home?