What is Zen?

Zen is a total state of focus that incorporates a total togetherness of body and mind. Zen is a way of being. It also is a state of mind. Zen involves dropping illusion and seeing things without distortion created by your own thoughts.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Loss or Gain (Day 13)

   January 13, 2014

  I cut my hair today. Nine inches of my past have been cut away.  I reach behind  touching my shoulder blades to feel the reassurance that once was there.  Do I like it? Will it grow on me? It always seems shorter at first than I'd imagined.  Is it because it's so different than the other changes in our lives, so instantaneous.  Loosing weight is a gradual change, saving money, quitting smoking, and even growing your hair out.

     Funny that  when change is gradual we want it now and when change is immediate we want it more gradual.   I guess that's why habits are so hard to make and keep.  I want to become healthier, but the slow gradual change makes it hard to see even the slightest improvements. This makes it really easy to get discouraged. I think I need a good dose of encouragement, but where do I find this encouragement I need to keep moving forward?

     When I look around whether at home, work, restaurants, or any where there's food all I see is food that continues to sabotage my new healthy lifestyle habit (I refuse to call it a diet).  This is the one goal that I have made that is so far winning against my battle for change.  I need to find the one thing that will kick start my weight loss.  I am still struggling with getting the water I need, but it has improved...I am eating more fruits and vegetables than I used to, but still not enough.  So what can I do that will really make a big difference?  This week is going to be "operation: exercise now".  I know that will make a difference, but I also know I need to make some other changes as well.

     I hate to count calories, who doesn't, but I think that is the only way I am going to really see a difference.  But what can I do to combat the "munchies" or those terrible "starving" feeling times??  If you have any ideas that have worked for you please share your success stories.  I welcome any idea that will help me get on track and closer to my goal!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

What kinds of magazines are found in your home?