What is Zen?

Zen is a total state of focus that incorporates a total togetherness of body and mind. Zen is a way of being. It also is a state of mind. Zen involves dropping illusion and seeing things without distortion created by your own thoughts.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Discouragement Will Not Beat Me! (Day 11)

January 11, 2014



     When I woke up this morning I had the feeling of empowerment.  It felt good.  I felt in control.  Why is it that those kinds of feelings seem to fade almost as quickly as they come?  Yesterday I walked in to my bank proud that I had already come to a point in my finances that I could open a higher working account.  Before I didn't THINK I could afford it, when in reality I couldn't afford NOT to have one.  I left there thinking, "why haven't I done this before?" 

     And then I woke up and began to organize my bill paying and really detailing my accounts.  It is work.  I know why so many of us just write a check, do our online transfers, put away our account information and just forget it.  I began to get discouraged about how much is left, about how long it will take to pay off a debt, about what I need to budget, and on, and on my negative thoughts spiraled.  Boy it is easy to be sucked in by negative thoughts!  Before I knew it I had almost ruined my attitude for my entire day!

     But I stopped myself.  I looked for the positive.  I let it sink in.  I AM on my way.  IT will not happen over night.  Look how FAR I've come already.  Joshua 1:9 says This is my command-be strong and courageous!  For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. 

     Do not let the worries of the world weigh you down.  Friends no matter what comes your way, stop, let yourself think about all the good things for today, and let it sink in. Then smile.  And never forget that the Lord is always with you where ever you go!  Just take one day at a time, and plan for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What kinds of magazines are found in your home?