What is Zen?

Zen is a total state of focus that incorporates a total togetherness of body and mind. Zen is a way of being. It also is a state of mind. Zen involves dropping illusion and seeing things without distortion created by your own thoughts.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Not Another Diet, Diet! (Day 9)

January 9, 2014




     Diet is defined as food that is habitually eaten or provided.  However we constantly think of it as a quick fix to loosing weight.  When in reality it is a way of life a permanent change.  So why do we kid ourselves and set ourselves up for eventual failure?

     I know I have to make some changes.  I know it won't be easy.  But I am going to move forward.  My next move is to come up with a plan that is not only healthy, but that I can live with.  In the past I have been very successful with the South Beach diet.  My hunger pangs were less frequent and less intense.  I lost the weight just where I wanted and pretty quickly.  What I did find is that it was hard to stick with when I wasn't at home in complete control of what my eating choices were.

     I have decided to make a few changes to start with and then modify it to fit my needs and see how successful it is.  One of the hardest things about being on a no carb or low carb diet, is that most restaurants don't offer items on the menu that are carb-less or whole grain carbs.

     I have been reading a book recently titled The Eat This Not That Diet.  It is very helpful in informing the reader of the lower, healthier calorie choices at both the restaurant and at the grocery store.  In more cases than not I have found that the choices I would have made as being most healthy and less calorie, were actually not the best choices! 

     Another thing that makes a new diet hard is that you tell yourself that you can't have the foods that your really enjoy, therefore you feel deprived, not satisfied and then you cheat.  Once we make that mistake it spirals and we often give up because we feel as if we failed.  I am going to thwart that by just cutting portions, but sill enjoy foods I enjoy.  I might also try making substitute recipes for some of the things I love that a fewer calories.  I recently had a friend show me a recipe for lemon curd ice cream made with just two ingredients.   You mix the lemon curd with a container of light Cool Whip and freeze.  Viola' a low calorie, rich, sweet and satisfying desert for only about 40 calories.

     My plan of drinking more water will also be helpful.  Drinking a glass of water before eating will help with the feeling of fullness quicker.  Drinking water also helps the liver metabolize body fat.  If I can just make this a habit!  Now I have more of an incentive. 

     What diet plans have you been successful with?  Your ideas and advice are always welcome.  For I will conquer my new way of eating!  Enlisting the help of friends just makes it easier!

I Corinthians 6:19-20 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What kinds of magazines are found in your home?