What is Zen?

Zen is a total state of focus that incorporates a total togetherness of body and mind. Zen is a way of being. It also is a state of mind. Zen involves dropping illusion and seeing things without distortion created by your own thoughts.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Enlistment of a Friend (Day 7)

January 7, 2014




     I am lucky.  I have a friend.  No not just any friend, but a friend in God.  It's a friend I am ashamed I rarely see.  It's a friend I rarely communicate with.  This part is sad.  The good thing about this friend is that our relationship is unchanged.  By that I mean that we don't feel any differently about each other even though we don't work at our relationship.  I am going to move forward.  I am going to make the first step.  I need her.  I hope she needs me.  She is one of the most Godly women I know.  I need her skills. 

     This friend did something that is second nature to her.  What she doesn't know is what an impact that something had on me.  What she doesn't know is how much I cherish that time we spent together.  What she doesn't know is how I look at her life to make mine better.  She IS a true woman of God.  Sure she falters.  Sure she is not perfect, but I need her. 

     I know I need God that is not a question.  What I am in search of are ways to become more Godly.  Friend I need your help with this.  I want to find ways to include him in my daily life.  You can help me with that. 

     My friend once, no several times opened up her home to a group of friends from work.  She found a wonderful book from the Christian book store and asked us to use this book for a book club.  Once a week we met and discussed the chapters we had read, looked up scriptures, prayed, and ate.  Those days were the most enlightening days I can remember for a long time and my spirituality grew incredibly.  My knowledge of scripture became second nature.

     Dear friend all that I am asking is to relive that and nurture our relationship as well.  I hope you are up for it.  I really think you will be, for I know the person you are!  Here's to nurturing relationships of God!  Do you have a friend that can support your goal?

Proverbs 12:26 One who is righteous is a guide to his neighbor, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/bible-verses-about-friendship-20-good-scripture-quotes/#ixzz2p5DeDMFO

No comments:

Post a Comment

What kinds of magazines are found in your home?