What is Zen?

Zen is a total state of focus that incorporates a total togetherness of body and mind. Zen is a way of being. It also is a state of mind. Zen involves dropping illusion and seeing things without distortion created by your own thoughts.

Friday, January 25, 2013

The Biggest Loser Begins

This was my first week at trying my hand once again at "The Biggest Loser" held at work.  Last year wasn't so successful, however I am not one to give up, so look out this round!  I have that huge "money pot" in my sites and a smaller and healthier me!  Within the last year there have been several things that have made me ponder about my own health.  Week 1 has been a great one!  I did start back to the gym and have been partaking in my favorite exercise...Yoga!  I have also been doing some Zumba and plan on doing the "Fit in 6" program that my gym is offering.  When I embark on a new journey, I have found that if I go full force I am more successful.  This week not only did I lose almost 3 lbs. but I also won the drawing and brought home a wonderful Jillian Michael's DVD 30 Day Shred, but her mat and 3 lb. hand weights too!  I am so using them!  The upcoming week's challenge is to up my water intake.  This should be fairly easy for me, since I rarely drink any water at all during the day!  This is certainly an unhealthy habit that needs to be changed.  My biggest challenge is not being able to leave the classroom while teaching to grab a drink when I get thirsty.  My solution is to keep a large bottle of water in my room, so that I may partake of it when ever I feel thirsty.  Another solution I am trying is an app I found on my IPhone called Water Lite.  This is a free app that allows you to keep track of your water intake and the progress you have made over the week/month of meeting the goal of drinking a healthy amount.  It also offers interesting and helpful tips about water.  The best part is that it is free!  And lastly, I have decided to sign up for my first 5K!  I have chosen to run the Cupid's Chase on February 9th in Bowling Green.  This will surely motivate me to keep my Couch to 5K training going to avoid the embarrassment of not finishing the race!  See you on the healthy side of life!

1 comment:

  1. Your motivation and desire to DO have always inspired me. I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete

What kinds of magazines are found in your home?