What is Zen?

Zen is a total state of focus that incorporates a total togetherness of body and mind. Zen is a way of being. It also is a state of mind. Zen involves dropping illusion and seeing things without distortion created by your own thoughts.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Racing for a Cure

Not only should we work on our physical health, but to be completely healthy we need to work on our mental health as well.  A good way to maintain a healthy mental and spiritual state is to do something for others that makes you feel good .  I have decided to take on the challenge this year of completing the 3Day Race for a Cure in Florida.  I have am doing this to support not only the cure for breast cancer, but mainly for my breast cancer surviving sister-in-law, Tina.  She has since recovered from this awful disease, and is stronger than ever.  I believe that this will be an exceptional and emotional experience for all who partake.

In order to become a participant in the Run for the Cure the participant must raise over $2000.00 and train to walk 60 miles in 3 days by the date of the walk.  I have raised about $100 by selling our teams t-shirt: Walkers 4 Knockers.  Everyone knows someone who has been touched by this awful disease and therefore it is truely money well spent.  I have pledged to raise the $2300.00 needed to participate.  I am on my way!  I persuade you to help your inner wellness by donating to my team and cause.  Donating is easy.  Go to the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure website at http://www.the3day.org/ and click on donate to a participant.  Search for my name: Kerry Simmons and team Walkers4Knockers.  Then you can choose the amount that you would like to give.  I thank-you in advance to those who do choose to donate to the cure and to my cause!  Stay posted to see what unique ways I have come up with to raise the money needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What kinds of magazines are found in your home?