What is Zen?

Zen is a total state of focus that incorporates a total togetherness of body and mind. Zen is a way of being. It also is a state of mind. Zen involves dropping illusion and seeing things without distortion created by your own thoughts.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Motivation

We all need true motivation to accomplish any feat we set before us.  I have vowed that I will lose that extra 20 lbs. that I have gained in the last year and I have made great progress towards that goal.  My such motivation today came in the form of a new set of scales.  I know, I hate them too!  It is that piece of technology that mom stands on and then with fists reaching the sky screams outloud..."Liar!"  But in order to be successful at losing that extra weight and maintaining it once there, one must have a way to track progress.  I only settled for the best, so  not only does it track my wieght, but my progress, my BMI, and my water intake!  It also lets me set a goal and tells me how many calories to eat to get there and how many weeks it should take.  Now if that doesn't motivate then what would!?  We all have goals we want to accomplish, whether it is to go to church more, finish cleaning out a closet, or finally cleaning the windows after living in the house 10 years.  Find that thing that motivates you to do the things that you have always promised yoursellf or others you would do.  Maybe it comes in the form of a spouse or best friend. It might even come in the form of someone else whom is also trying to meet that goal.  Maybe you need an intrinsic motivation.  If that is the case then, let yourself indulge in it once you meet that goal.  All I know is that chocolate fudge cake, served at Webb's in Lewisburg better be very scared come this May!  It truely is to die for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What kinds of magazines are found in your home?